Match Fishing on the River Weaver
As well as taking bookings for clubs and smaller match groups, the association holds regular team and individual events including the Northwich Winter League, Mini League, Local Cup and various open matches.
Open matches are run every Saturday until the new year, with the draw taking place at Vale Royal Angling Centre CW9 5RB 9.30am. Entry is £15.00 with optional super pools run alongside the main match. For further information on open competitions, match bookings and/or entry into leagues, call the match secretary (Mike Scott) on 07530 638502 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Peg fees are as follows:
Outside clubs: £3.50 per peg
Saturday Opens: £1.00.
2. A minimum of 15 Pegs must be booked and paid for.
3. Matches which are entered in the current match list have priority on the pegs nominated. Members not engaged in the match must move two pegs
(24 metres) from the match if requested to do so.
4. Matches which are not entered in the current match list do not have priority and
members not engaged in the match are not required to move. However a notice will be placed on the length to be used.
5. Matches must not exceed 5 hours in duration.
6. All fish must be retained in keepnets (except carp which must be weighed in immediately) and returned to the water at the point of weighing.
7. Competitors may plumb the depth before the start of any Association Match.
8. In all Association Matches NFA Rules apply except;
(i) no sticklebacks will be weighed in,
(ii) pegs will be not less than 12 metres apart,
(iii) two hooks may be used.
9. In open matches anglers may only draw one ticket.
10. Any objection to or infringement of any Match Rule during a contest must be reported to the Match Organiser verbally or in writing before the results are
11. No matches are allowed on the following lengths of the River Weaver.
(i) Marshalls Arm.
(ii) The Old River at Vale Royal (Sundays Only).
12. The Management Committee reserves the right to take all lengths of the River Weaver for special matches.
13. Match bookings will only be accepted if arranged and paid for before February 1st, unless other arrangements have been made with the Match Secretary.
Applications for Matches on Association Waters should be addressed to:
Mr.Mike Scott Vale Royal Angling Centre 80-88 Station Road Northwich Cheshire CW9 5RB
Tel. No. 07530638502
Please state the date required, venue and number of pegs. Please enclose a SAE.
The permanent pegging of the river begins on the tow-path side immediately upstream of the rowing club, and continues up through various lengths.
The permanent pegging is then continued on the opposite bank, this time going back downstream. (i.e peg 470 on the Oak Tree is opposite peg 63 on the Willowbeds)
Lengths which are not included in the permanent pegging, but still used in matches include:
The River Record currently sits at 78lb 6oz of Bream from peg 41 on the Boats caught by Kevin Hall on 02/08/2014