About Northwich Anglers Association
Northwich Anglers Association was established in 1913 from a consortium of local clubs combining together and naming the club Northwich Joint Anglers.
It was not until the 1970’s when the final club from the consortium had disbanded did the club change its name to Northwich Anglers Association.
Throughout our history, we have endeavoured to provide a wide variety of Angling within the Vale Royal area for our many members.
Our portfolio consists of nine miles of the River Weaver, sixteen miles of the Trent and Mersey canal and approximately four miles of the River Dane. We also own or control many outstandingly beautiful still waters, all within the Northwich area.
As angling became increasingly popular during the 1960’s, our then secretary Mr Fred Edgerton embarked on a policy of water purchase. This policy has been continued to this date and has no doubt been a main reason for our continued success when many other clubs have failed. The policy was based on the ever increasing demands for higher rental fees, a trend that has continued to this date.
We are also the proud owners of our own headquarters on Station Road, Northwich, again an outright purchase.
Thinking of joining? See our Membership page for more details.