Another of the “Cheshire Meres”, Petty Pool is very much a secluded water, set amongst a large area of pristine woodland. Averaging 9 feet in depth, Petty is known to produce some very large bream and carp, along with some specimen eels, roach, perch, tench, pike and even occasional brown trout.
- Northwich AA has exclusive fishing rights to the whole of Petty Pool. However, members may only fish from the 14 stages provided. Fishing is not allowed from any other area of the pool either by members or non members.
- Guests and non members are not permitted.
- Any member visiting the water for any reason must be in possession of their membership card.
- Petty Pool is subject to a publicity ban. Members wishing to publish photographs of fish must seek the approval of the Management Committee. On no account may he fishery be referred to by name in the media.
- Fishing is only allowed from 04:00 to 23:30 no rods/lines are allowed in the water outside of these times, night fishing is not permitted.
- Members must not arrive in the car park before 03:30 and must vacate the car park by 00:00 at the latest.
- In order to negate any need to arrive before 03.30 a draw system will be used to decide upon the allocation of pegs, unless mutually agreed otherwise. Members will place their membership cards into a hat. The first to draw will have the first choice of peg, the second to draw will have second choice, and so on. Members must remain in the car park until 03:45 at which time the draw will be conducted if necessary.
- There is no close season on Petty Pool.
- The gate at Monkey Lodge must be kept padlocked shut at all times unless it has been padlocked in the open position by the owner of Keepers Cottage.
- The car park gate must be kept padlocked shut at all times.
- Members must maintain a low vehicle speed (max. 10 m.p.h.) on the access drive due to the possible presence of children.
- Members must not park on the access drive; for any reason.
- Members must not camp or wander around in the woodland adjacent to the fishing stages.
- Common Carp
- Mirror Carp
The car park gate must be kept padlocked shut at all times.
Members must maintain a low vehicle speed (max. 10 m.p.h.) on the access drive due to the possible presence of children.
Members must not park on the access drive; for any reason.