Trent and Mersey Canal
The long and even sections on this water make it ideally suited to match angling, and bookings can be made through the T&M match secretary, Peter Moore. Fishing is on the towpath side from Bridge 168 (Middlewich town centre) to Bridge 214 (Preston Brook Tunnel)
Please note that like Budworth this water is jointly owned with Warrington AA.
Venue specific rules:
- The Association shares a 15 mile stretch of the Trent & Mersey Canal with Warrington AA. For the purpose of our agreement with British Waterways this partnership is called the Trent & Mersey Canal Association.
- The fishery extends from Middlewich Town Centre (Footbridge 168) north, through Broken Cross, Lostock Gralam, Wincham, Marbury, Anderton, Barnton and Dutton,to Preston Brook Tunnel (Bridge 214).
- There is no close season on the Trent & Mersey Canal.
- Northwich AA and Warrington AA bailiffs have equal jurisdiction on this venue.
- No fishing is allowed between Bridge 201 (on the A533, Runcorn Road, Barnton) and the Barnton Tunnel entrance.
- No carp or tench may be held in keepnets.
- Night fishing, to those members in possession of a Night Fishing Permit is allowed in certain locations (Please see section on the Night Fishing Permit)
- The Trent and Mersey Canal Match Secretary is: Mr. P. J. Moore: 5 Orchard Close, Barnton, Northwich, Cheshire, CW8. 4SR. Tel. No. 01606-76723.
- Common Carp
- Mirror Carp